Whether you are an AIA member, member of the Royal Institute of British Architects, member of the Union of Architects, of the National Society of Engineers or more – you have a professional code of ethics which binds you to:
- Following the laws of the countries you work in
- To not aid in fraudulent or dishonest enterprises
- To respect the rights of others.
If you are a director of a company, than you also have a fiduciary duty of care which requires you to:
- Be informed
- Use good judgement Utilize expert advise
- Stay abreast of legal developments, good governance, and
This is your ethical duty.